Sunday, August 21, 2005

Oops...published my title without a blog...

Heya! It's Sunday and I'm at my computer. This is strange because I'm usually at church right now. However, I had to work today for 1/2 a day, so I left early and came home to change into scrubs. Guess what. Not dry. Fantabulastic.

I'm amazed at this whole blogging thing, how it sort of pulls you in. I plan to only use my powers for good, though. I can't believe the anger and hatred out there. Do you people know there's a God who can take all of that away?

Hatred of Christianity is not new, but it's the one remaining acceptable hatred. If anything is good, it will be scoffed at. I know that one day, no matter what you think here on earth, Jesus will return to get His children. And then one day we'll stand before Christ and give an account of what we did here on earth. Did we accept Jesus as Lord? Did we not only believe (the bible says even satan and his minions believe) but also ask Him into our hearts and live for Him?

People have this wild misconception that hell is a party place where the badest of the bad dudes will be the life of the party. Here's the truth-hell was made not for humans but for satan and his angels. One day they will be cast once and for all into the lake of fire, and tormented for all of eternity. Without end. God gave us an out, though. We can accept Jesus (see above) or we can deny Him. God doesn't send good people to hell. We send ourselves by not accepting His sacrificial gift.

John 14:6 Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one gets to Heaven except thru Him.

Let Him in, won't ya?

1 comment:

d blake said...

cari...
thanks for the kind words on my post "Lives of quiet desperation." i like your blog and it's positive focus.

Hope things are going well in nursing (i'm a pediatrician). take care.