Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Do not drive Rhino

I am experiencing visual disturbances. I do this a lot, but sometimes it's funny. A few days ago I was driving to work, and saw a sign that said "Do not drive Rhino". I couldn't make sense of it in my head and so I turned and looked back. What I saw was a small sign that said "Do not drive on shoulder" and in the distance behind it a large sign advertising Rhino Linings, bed liners for the back of your truck. Somehow my brain put the two together.

Then yesterday we were at work watching TV during lunch. Rachel Ray was preparing something with raw hamburger but I really wasn't watching. We were all talking. As I turned and looked at my co-worker I saw her put a chunk of watermelon-exactly the same color as raw hamburger-in her mouth. My reaction was one of disgust and horror-for a second-until I realized what my brain had done.

That's just crazy.

Have you ever been eating breakfast with milk and orange juice, and while looking at the milk accidentally picked up the oj and drank it, and freaked out? Or is that just me?

No comments: