Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hmphf

I am taking melatonin, a hormone that occurs naturally in the body to make us sleep. In the instance of someone whose pineal gland doesn't produce it, you would find someone who doesn't sleep well and is cranky much of the time.

New problem. I wake easier, happier, and can get things together quicker, but by midafternoon my hyperactivity level soars. It's like I got too much sleep and caffeine. I can't focus, I'm extremely fidgety, and get agitated about silly things, like verbal instructions, any comments that seem to question my abilities, or the fact that coffee won't stay hot for 2 hours. Right now I am hitting a place where I feel physically and emotionally beat, but mentally I am still spinning. I don't know what to do with this.

I love how much sleep I'm getting-or rather quality sleep I'm getting. I don't know if it contributes to the afternoon hyperactivity or in contrast makes me more aware of it.

I don't care, I just need to find an outlet. I may start taking workout clothes to the gym at the office and running from 1pm to 2pm. I may lose weight and get relaxed and refocused. Or I may get sweaty and offensive, I don't know.

Okee dokee. Time to make dinner. Yes, this late. I ate a late lunch.

Bye, now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really have been reading your blog, but cannot pernounce, much less understand, half the words you are using. *LOL*

I do understand sleep....don't get much these days, but do love good quality sleep!

Miss Ya!